Academy Tutorial Program
by William C. Michael
The most selective colleges and universities are not seeking students who complete their high school diploma requirements. They are seeking students who will make the best use of their amazing resources and who will bring the greatest benefit to their communities. These are students who seek out the most challenging academic program available to them and make the most of every opportunity they have.
In the Classical Liberal Arts Academy, we are happy to provide students the opportunity to engage in rigorous classical Catholic studies in our Academy Tutorial Program. In this program, selected students work directly with Academy headmaster Mr. William C. Michael to enrich their preparatory education with studies in the classical liberal arts, classical philosophy and Catholic theology.
To be considered for admission to the Academy Tutorial Program, a student must meet the following qualifications:
- the student must be 14 years of age or older
- the student must score above the 95th percentile on 7th grade standardized tests (CAT, Iowa, or Stanford)
- the student must be enrolled in the CLAA and be progressing independently in the following courses:- Classical Grammar
- Classical Geometry
- Aesop’s Fables
- Daily Scripture Reading
- World Chronology
- the student must successfully conduct a live Zoom interview with Mr. Michael
Students who participate in the Academy Tutorial Program have the opportunity to earn the following benefits:
- classical Catholic studies directed and supervised by Mr. Michael
- private SAT/ACT prep from Mr. Michael
- weekly live Zoom meetings with Mr. Michael
- live chat access to Mr. Michael as needed
- a signed letter of recommendation from Mr. Michael upon completion of studies
To complete the Academy Tutorial Program and earn a letter of recommendation, a student must complete the following:
- Participate in the Tutorial Program for a minimum of 3 years.
- Earn an SAT score of 1200 or higher.
- Complete all of his state’s high school diploma requirements.
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior in studies and tutorial meetings.
Participation in the Academy Tutorial Program costs $200 per month. This provides for all necessary study materials and academic services, and two scheduled 60 minute tutorial meetings per week. Tuition is billed monthly and must be paid within 30 days of receipt. Financial aid may be requested for students who have demonstrated the ability to succeed in the Tutorial Program.
If you believe the Academy Tutorial Program is desirable for your child and that all qualifications above have or can be met, we invite you to submit an application for enrollment. Please allow 48 hours for a review of your application and response by email.